Social Security is complex…those of you who are beneficiaries certainly know that, and those of you who are beginning to look into it are quickly becoming aware of the myriad rules, regulations, and critical decision points you’ll face when you get there. To meet the needs of our constituency, our Foundation has been providing free Social Security Advisory Services to the public on a question-and-answer basis. As a measure of the program’s success, we’re proud to report that, since startng the service in 2016, we’ve handled roughly 15,000 calls for help. It’s been a wildly popular service.
To expand on what we’re already doing, our team has developed a new service targeted at small to medium companies that do not have on-staff resources familiar with the intricacies of Social Security. Our design approach is to offer the service on-site at a company’s location, featuring a “packaged” approach delivered with the following components:
- A complete and focused seminar on Social Security, from basics to details (about a four- to six-hour session)
- Discussion on the future of Social Security, focusing on implications of the “solvency dilemma” facing the program and likely steps to be taken to preserve the system
- Focused discussions on items pre-selected for the audience (e.g., spousal benefits, survivor issues, calculation of benefits, maximizing benefits, filing strategies, rules for government retirees, etc.)
- Individual appointment-based sessions to discuss questions, personal situations, etc. like breakeven strategies, potential effects of the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and Government Pension Offset (GPO) on certain beneficiaries, divorced spose benefit rules, and any specific questions people are not inclined to discuss in open forum
- Foundation publications (“Ask Rusty” collections, “Who’s Who in Social Security,” article reprints)
Although our phone/email service is free to the public, we offer this new on-site service at a modest fee, primarily to recover our costs. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 800-750-2622 for more information.