The Women’s Army Corps (WAC) Mothers Association was founded during World War II (W.W.II) by some of the mothers of women in the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) which later became the Women’s Army Corps. The WAC Mothers’ purpose was to help both men and women by serving in hospitals and USO’s, selling bonds, mending clothes, sending comfort packages to the WACs and doing anything they could to make life more comfortable for the men and women serving their country.
Active members of the Women’s Army Corps and Women’s Army Corps Veterans in the Chicago area met under the sponsorship of the WAC Mothers Association in January 1946 to discuss the possibilities of organizing a Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association. Definite steps toward organization were taken in the months following and on 14 May 1946, the by-laws of the Chicago Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association were drawn up and adopted. The organization was chartered as a general non-profit corporation in the State of Illinois on 26 July 1946. (On 11 May 1951, the Association was incorporated in the District of Columbia.)
o learn more about this organization, continue to their website using the Website Address noted above.