Resource Type:


Provided By: Network


State: Massachusetts

Zip: 02453

Upon the death of a military┬áretiree, the next of kin should call the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). DFAS will close the retiree’s pay account and send a survivor benefits package. Typically, forms will be included that instruct the next of kin on how to recoup the retiree’s unpaid pay. These forms MUST be completed and returned to DFAS with a copy of the death certificate.

To learn more about this subject, continue to their website using the Website Address noted above.