Resource Type:



Provided By:


Phone Number:

State: Maryland

Zip: 21235

Military service members can receive expedited processing of disability claims from Social Security. Benefits available through Social Security are different than those from the Department of Veterans Affairs and require a separate application.

The expedited process is used for military service members who become disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001, regardless of where the disability occurs.

To learn more about this program, click the link displayed in the Website Address box above. If you have any questions about Social Security and Veterans, feel free to contact the AMAC Foundation’s free-to-the-public Social Security Advisory Service at 888-750-2622 (email at [email protected].)