The Veteran and Military Spouse Engagement Program (VMSTEP) provides employment readiness assistance and outreach to transitioning service members, Veterans, and eligible military spouses while advocating the use of special hiring authorities, employment programs, and Veteran retention strategies to help VA become the employer of choice for Veterans and military spouses. For more information about how VMSTEP helps Veterans, read the VMSTEP Fact Sheet.
Programs and Services
- VA for Vets: You’ve served your country and understand the unique challenges Veterans face. See how a career at VA can help you make a difference in the life of fellow Veterans. Match your experience, skills and training with current Federal job opportunities marketed through the VESO Office. Visit the Featured Jobs section on the VA for Vets website to view available opportunities.
- Feds for Vets: Match your experience, skills and training with current Federal job opportunities marketed through the VESO Office. Visit the Featured Jobs section on the VA for Vets website to view available opportunities.
- Recruitment and Career Readiness Support: VMSTEP provides employment readiness assistance to Veterans, and transitioning service members by attending Veteran outreach events, career and resource fairs to provide resume coaching, employment and training information. VMSTEP utilizes the VA for Vets website to increase awareness of and promote employment opportunities and assist Hiring Managers with attracting qualified Veterans to fill their positions (Spotlight vacancies); and training information (Virtual Training Webinars & Videos) to assist Veterans and transitioning service members in successfully finding civilian careers.
- Disabled Veterans Affirmative Action Program (DVAAP): VMSTEP’s Nnenna Uzochukwu, National Program Manager for DVAAP supports and promotes the recruitment and hiring of returning injured Service Members and disabled Veterans in order to increase employment outcomes of the Veterans with disabilities throughout the Department of Veterans Affairs. Contact the DVAAP National Program Manager by calling 1-202-461-0869.
- Human Resources Support: VMSTEP issues training and policy guidance on Veteran’s Preference and Special Hiring Authorities and provides deployment and reintegration services for service members transitioning between work at VA and service in the National Guard or Reserve.
Learn more via the URL shown in the “Website Address” box above…
Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted document. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; AmacFoundation.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc. or the AMAC Foundation, Inc. Providing linkage to external websites does not constitute endorsement of products or services advertised thereon.