Veterans account for more than 30% of all mesothelioma cases in the United States. The link between veterans and mesothelioma traces back to the military’s heavy reliance on asbestos. Fortunately, nearly all veterans with mesothelioma are eligible for financial and health benefits.
Important Facts About Veterans and Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a cancer caused by breathing in or swallowing loose asbestos fibers, which unfortunately happens to U.S. military veterans at an alarming rate:
- At least one-third of mesothelioma cases involve veterans.
- The VA offers benefits (compensation and health care) to veterans with mesothelioma.
- Veterans can get state-of-the-art treatment through the VA.
- Surviving loved ones can also apply for compensation.
- Veterans mesothelioma cases can lead to legal claims.
Learn more via the URL shown in the “Website Address” box above…
Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted document. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; AmacFoundation.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc. or the AMAC Foundation, Inc.