Suicide Prevention Resources for Veterans
Serving in and leaving the military can cause a difficult time in one’s life. If this is you, you’re not alone. Crisis can arise anytime, and it’s okay to look for resources. Some resources and tips that may be helpful include:
- Veterans Crisis Line – Dial 988 and then press option 1.
- National Resource Directory – This directory contains validated resources that support recovery, rehab, and reintegration for veterans, their family, and their caregivers.
- VA Local Resources – This directory can help veterans find local counseling, benefits assistance, and other resources such as support groups.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator – This is a confidential and anonymous source of information for those looking for potential treatment of mental health struggles or substance abuse issues.
- How to Create a Safety Plan – This resource is helpful for creating a safety plan to create coping skills ahead of a crisis.
Learn more via the URL shown in the “Website Address” box above…
Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted document. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; AmacFoundation.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc. or the AMAC Foundation, Inc. Providing linkage to external websites does not constitute endorsement of products or services advertised thereon.