Expand opportunities to hire and retain veterans, transitioning military service members and their families who have the experience, skills and competences the Federal Government needs.
- Provide Governmentwide leadership to improve the federal employment opportunities for veterans, transitioning military Service members, military spouses, and their families;
- Develop and implement the Governmentwide strategic plan for veterans’ employment and support the development of HR policies affecting veterans;
- Improve the knowledge, capability, and effectiveness of the twenty four Veterans Employment Program Offices to fulfill their responsibilities and duties in support of their agency’s veteran hiring efforts;
- Provide operational support to the Council on Veterans Employment, its Steering Committee, and OPM leadership in their respective Council roles;
- Support veterans related events such as Veterans Day that highlight the Value of a Veteran, their leadership ability, and commitment/sacrifice to our nation.
Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted article. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; AmacFoundation.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc. or the AMAC Foundation, Inc.