The mission of the Homeless Programs Office (HPO) is to assist Veterans and their families in obtaining permanent and sustainable housing with access to high-quality health care and supportive services.
Our vision is to end homelessness among all Veterans and their families by using evidence-based, innovative practices and partnerships that provide access to permanent housing and deliver other critical services. These Veteran-centered, equitable, and inclusive offerings empower Veterans and enable their independence. With full support from senior leaders across the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and other federal government agencies, we will achieve our mission and vision by:
- Making an end to homelessness among Veterans a top priority.
- Leading with an evidence-based, Housing First approach.
- Reaching underserved Veterans.
- Ensuring the delivery of quality supportive services.
- Increasing the supply of and access to affordable housing.
Learn more via the URL shown in the “Website Address” box above…