Veterans, both men and women, face many challenges and issues while transitioning back into civilian life. Unfortunately, many Veterans struggle with identity issues, financial problems, housing accessibility, cognitive disorders and impacts from PTSD. All of these factors can lead to suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts by those who have served.
- FOAR FROM HOME is using our platform and community to raise awareness and make an impact on these veteran PTSD and suicide statistics. We have identified two North Florida organizations who are making a discernible impact in these areas.
- FOAR FROM HOME has placed a $150,000 down payment toward the sponsorship of a 64-dog mega kennel at K9’s For Warriors.
- FOAR FROM HOME has donated $50,000 to Cross The Line Foundation, to start a Vocational or College Endowment to assist Veterans and their families during job, career or life transitions.
- FOAR FROM HOME is bringing awareness to the work and mission of The Fire Watch, Florida’s fight to end veteran suicide. They are uniting War Fighters and allies to swiftly activate local assets, stand watch, and build a life-saving network.
- FOAR FROM HOME is changing the life of Veterans today, not tomorrow.
Learn more via the URL shown in the “Website Address” box above…
Notice: The link provided above connects readers to the full content of the posted document. The URL (internet address) for this link is valid on the posted date; AmacFoundation.org cannot guarantee the duration of the link’s validity. Also, the opinions expressed in these postings are the viewpoints of the original source and are not explicitly endorsed by AMAC, Inc. or the AMAC Foundation, Inc. Providing linkage to external websites does not constitute endorsement of products or services advertised thereon.