The New Directions for Veterans mission is to empower men and women who served in the military, and their families, to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
About this document:
Life after the military can pose many challenges to veterans and family members. For some, returning to civilian life may feel like another battle that poses a variety of challenges that must not only be fought, but also understood and accepted in order to be successfully overcome. There are many factors involved in a veteran’s readjustment to civilian life, some of which include:
- Understanding and abiding by civilian legal standards that may be different from military standards.
- Coexisting with cultures, values, and norms different from those of the military.
- Dealing with authority figures.
- Re-establishing and even re-evaluating relationships with family and friends.
- Finding a new career path.
- Pursuing college/university education.
- Locating a new home.
To learn more about this subject, continue to their website using the Website Address noted above.